Tony has been the Director/Coach for the Bandits since 1996.
Floyd and a close friend/coach started this program approximately ten years ago. They also had support and input from other coaches and friends. Tony has been an athlete most of his life playing basketball, football, and track. He played sports all through his high school and college years and was captain of his basketball team (both high school and college).
Tony went on to graduate as a physical education teacher and has been teaching and coaching ever since. Tony as well as all the other coaches in our program have lots of knowledge and expertise in coaching basketball. Their goal is to help out players improve on their skills and knowledge of the game, to teach them strategic plays and moves and help them develop the strength that they need to play at their best level.
Facts about Floyd:
- Tony Floyd is the head varsity coach at Bristol Eastern High School in Bristol, CT for the past twenty-four years.
- Tony has a career record of 414 -149.
- This included four State Championships in 1983, 1987, 1990, and 1991.
- He has also coached three Gatorade Players of the Year, three High School All-Americans, and numerous All-State players.
- In 2000, Tony was selected as New England National High School Coach of the Year.
- Then again in 2000, he was selected as a finalist for the National High School Coach of the Year.
- In 1997 he received the Chuck McCarthy Award, Bristol Sports Hall of Fame.
- In 1991 he was named Outstanding Coach of Girls Basketball by the CT High School Coaches Association.
- In 1990 he received the Coordinator of the Year Award, CT Nutmeg Games.
- He previously served on the WBCA High School All American Committee and the National Coach's Select Committee.
- He's also been the Director/Coach for the Future Hoop Stars Girls Basketball Summer Camp since 1991.
- Tony has been Director/Coach for the Bandits since 1996.